Welcome to Woodland LTC
We hope you enjoy playing tennis with us!
On this page you’ll find a summary of all the essential info you’ll need, all in one place!
- Parking: As the club is situated on a private estate, we try to be considerate to the residents. They have requested that members keep to a monthly parking rota as indicated by the Blue/White arrow on the post at the top of Woodland Avenue. Please avoid parking on the diagonal corners at the top of Woodland Drive. You can find more details here.
- Gate Codes: Once you’ve paid your subscription, you’ll receive an email with the Gate and Clubhouse codes. Please keep these to yourself. When entering the club, please scramble the padlock code. On leaving the club please ensure the door and gate are shut and locked. (The code needs to be scrambled in order to lock again.)
- Club Etiquette: As you need to enter the club across court one, please be considerate to anyone playing there, and wait until between games to enter, unless invited by those playing. Further pointers on game etiquette can be found on the polices page here.
- Court Use: As a member you’re entitled to free use of the courts at any time, provided they are not booked for coaching or team matches. All court bookings are shown on the website calendar. We operate a court booking system through Clubspark, please contact Jane Tucker or Carol Scearce if you wish to register to use it.
- Visitors: Visitors are allowed to play at the club as the guest of a member. They MUST be signed in on the sheet in the clubhouse (for insurance reasons), and pay £2.50 (£2 for juniors). Please write details on an envelope and post into the Visitors Box in the club house. Alternatively you can make a bank transfer and put Guest followed by your surname as a reference. Any guest who subsequently joins the club will have up to three guest fees reimbursed.
- Socials: We have an Adult social session on Saturdays from 1.00 – 4.00pm. Currently, we are restricting numbers and attendance must be booked in advance. The Thursday social is currently suspended. We will look to reintroduce this as lockdown restrictions are eased. Our Junior socials are supervised sessions on Sunday mornings 10.00 – 12.30 and Wednesdays 4.30 – 6.15pm, for age 9 upwards. Children can come for as long or short a time as they like, again the emphasis is on social play and making new friends.
- Coaching: Our coaching is provided by Ignition Tennis. There are several weekly sessions for adults, and termly courses for the juniors, and camps run during school holidays. More information is available on the coaching page.
- Team Play: Our Adult teams play in the Newbury District Leagues, and our Juniors in the Berkshire League. If you’re interested in joining in the adult teams, then contact the Match Secretary. Junior team players are recommended to junior team captains by their coaches.
- Juniors: Junior members must be supervised by their parents, unless they are attending a supervised club session. Parents who are not members themselves should not play, unless they sign in as their child’s guest and pay £2 into the Visitors Box.