Mens Doubles 2020
Welcome to the Club Championships Mens Doubles Event for 2020. Here you can find information about the format of the event as well as being able to send in results and view progress.
This event will be a group stage consisting of four groups followed by semi-finals and a final between the top pair from each group.
Match Format & Rules
- Best of three sets (1 point per set won)
- Third set is a championship tie break in the group phase, in the knockout phase it’s also a championship tie break unless both teams agree in advance that they will play a full third set.
- If a group table has two winning pairs in a draw (on points) then the respective head to head result determines group winner
- If scores are level for more than two pairs then it’s ranked in the following order:
- Most games won (not Including 3rd set Championship Tie Break)
- Least games lost (not Including 3rd set Championship Tie Break)
- Toss of a coin
- Winning team are responsible for sending in the results (using the form opposite)
- All results will be updated on this page by the tournament organisers as soon as possible after they receive them
- The pair marked “HOME’ on the fixtures sheet (below) is responsible for organising the match
- In the event of a player injury during a group phase then all games involving injured player are null and void
- If the injured player was due to progress in the tournament then the position will be filled with next pair from their group
The spreadsheet below has two sheets within it, the table and the fixtures (use the links at the bottom to toggle between them).
The spreadsheet below shows the knockout stage information, names will appear once the groups are decided.