Club Championships 2022
Welcome to the Club Championships 2022.
We are returning to our regular format of a Finals Weekend this season. This will take place on September 17th and 18th 2022, weather permitting.
The organisers this year are Sally Brinkley and James Knight.
Once again the objective is to be inclusive and give everyone a chance to play some matches. Please read the information below along with that on the pages for the events you are entering and please try and arrange matches in a timely fashion to help out the organisers.
We are paperless again this year. All fixtures and results will be presented on this site and there is a form for sending in your results.
All events this year have an initial group stage to provide for more games for everyone. After that the format veries by event, please look into the event below for more information.
All group matches to be played by the 31st July 2022.
These rules apply to ALL events. There are additional event specific rules on the individual event pages.
- Best of three sets (1 point per set won)
- Third set is a championship tie break unless both teams agree in advance that they will play a full third set.
- If any pairs in a group finish level on points then position is decided by the following (in the order stated):
- Least sets lost
- Games difference (games won minus games lost, 3rd set counts as one game regardless of whether it was played as a full set or championship tie-break)
- Head to head result
- Toss of a coin
- Winning team are responsible for sending in the results (using the website form on each event page)
- All results will be updated on each event page by the tournament organisers as soon as possible after they receive them
- The pair marked “HOME’ on the fixtures sheet is responsible for organising the match.
- In some doubles competitions there were uneven numbers of entries, and so to avoid anyone missing out some individuals have taken a second partner. These are marked in blue on the draw.
- All group matches to be played by Sunday 31st July 2022.
- In the event of a player injury during a group phase then all games involving injured player are null and void.
- If the injured player was due to progress in the tournament then the position will be filled by the next highest ranked team from thier group.
- Finalists not available on Finals Weekend will be disqualified and the losing semi-finalist will be promoted to the final.
- Rules for progression beyond the group stage and deadlines for the knockout stages can be found on the individual event pages. The organisers reserve the right to change the rules of progression in the event that teams retire from the competition – this will be done in the spirit of fair play and no discussion will be entered into.
- The organisers’ decision is final on all matters
Click on the section below to view progress in the various events. Use the tabs at the top to sort and find them (note the results for previous years are also still online and can be viewed using the “Archive” tabs).